The update brings all the Oreo goodies like Picture-in-Picture, Autofill passwords, unread notification dot for Latest Flashed applications, & much more. Using PiP, you can playback YouTube videos alongside any other app. With the Latest Autofill feature, apps will automatically fill all the saved usernames & passwords for a particular application. This feature is similar to the Chrome browser when you visit a website & need to log in. It will auto-fill the username & passwords saved with Google.
Following the official Oxygen OS Open Beta Android Oreo 8.0 Open Beta, the Chinese variants of OnePlus 3 & 3T are also receiving a similar ROM upgrade. Hydrogen OS, which is an alternate ROM for OnePlus phones, is now receiving a pre-release Android Oreo 8.0 build. The update comes to H2OS ROM under the Open Beta program.
Apart from the usual Oreo goodies, you will see a Latest Hydrogen OS Launcher called the OnePlus Launcher 2.1.6. It features the Latest swipe up for app drawer feature just like the Google Pixel. You will see more stability with the H2OS framework. However, being a Beta ROM, you may encounter some bugs & instability issues.
H2OS Android Oreo 8.0 Beta Oneplus 3/3T Changelogs:
1. Android O Latest features, including but not limited to
- Latest PIP (Picture in Picture). Play videos playback over other apps.
- Latest auto-fill (Auto-Fill) Using this you will no longer need to remember passwords.
- Latest unread notification application icon dot reminders.
2. The Latest quick settings panel design.
3. Built-in application update: input method, browser, email, shop, plus a community, Tencent video
4. fix the problem battery is not updated
5. There are more changes you expect to explore
OnePlus Launcher 2.1.6
- Latest Hydrogen OS Oreo launcher
- Optimized the Dock display
- Optimized Folder Display
Known Issues & Bugs:
- Micro letter fingerprint payment temporarily unavailable
- Third-party applications are not compatible list, please download the attachment archive.
- Need more third-party application compatibility.
How to Flash Oreo 8.0 H20S using stock recovery:
Step 1: Completely backup the data including internal storage, apps, media, etc.
Step 2: Download the full signed H2OS ROM package from above.
Step 3: Transfer the H2OS Oreo ROM to phone’s internal storage. Put it in the root directory.
Step 4: Now reboot into stock or TWRP recovery. To do so, turn off the phone completely. Now, press & hold the power button & volume down button. Enter the Recovery mode.
Step 5: Select preferred language. Then select ‘Flash from local storage’
Step 6: Find your downloaded upgrade file & flash.
You can also do it using Local Upgrade method.
Download Hydrogen OS H2OS 8.0 Oreo Beta
The following zips files are stock ROM for the Oneplus 3 & 3T. It consists of H2OS 8.0 Oreo full signed packages which are TWRP flashable. You can also do a local upgrade if your Phone is running Oxygen OS. However, avoiding any conflicts, it is better to factory reset the phone & the flash the H2OS ROM.
Download Oneplus H2OS Android Oreo 8.0