How to download and Install AT&T Galaxy Note 5 Security Update 2018 | AT&T carrier started rolling the latest May Security Patch for Galaxy Note 5 (SM-N920A). This software moves the device build number to N920AUCS5ERE1 and brings the fix for some serious security issues and CVEs. The update is based on Android 7.0 Nougat. We recommend always installing the latest security patch on your device to safe from security vulnerabilities, malware, and virus. In this guide, you can install N920AUCS5ERE1 May 2018 Security for AT&T Galaxy Note 5.
The update is live via OTA (Over the air) and will soon reach every user in the US running on Stock OEM firmware. If you have the OTA update on AT&T Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920A, then hit the download to upgrade your device to N920AUCS5ERE1 May 2018 Security Patch. Along with this update, AT&T Company has also fixed few other software related issues from Samsung. It is forever good to keep your device on the most recent software update. In case if you still not received the build N920AUCS5ERE1, then make sure to check for the software update manually on AT&T Galaxy Note 5 (SM-N920A).
How to Check Software Update on AT&T Galaxy Note 5?
- In your AT&T Galaxy Note 5, Open your Settings > about phone > Software updates > and tap the Check for Updates.
- If you find any new software update, hit the Download now button to start upgrading. Wait till the download procedure completes and your device will be set to upgrade. Tap on Install update.
- Your device will reboot and wait for the installation process to finish. Tap OK. That’s it! You’ve successfully updated your software.
Steps to Install N920AUCS5ERE1 manually:
If you have not received the OTA update, rooted or installed any custom ROM, then you can just follow this guide to the update manually by using ODIN Software. Follow the whole instruction to install latest update on Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
Required Odin and Drivers:
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software
- Make definite to download Samsung USB Drivers and install it on your PC.
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- This ROM is supported for AT&T Galaxy Note 5 [SM-N920A]
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your machine should have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You require PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take a complete Backup on your phone before installing any fresh firmware. So make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This procedure won’t lose your data).
- You have to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Make confident you have followed the steps properly. Don’t miss and Read! – We are not to blame for several damage.
Instructions to Install Using ODIN
To install the firmware, you have to first download the required software and drivers on your PC. By following the below link, you can upgrade the OS version to N920AUCS5ERE1 on AT&T Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920A.