If you are the users of Raspberry Pi 3 then here is the good news for you now you can get the latest version of Android Oreo 8.1 on your device. Although this is not the official update by raspberry, but it is through the custom ROM of lineage 15.1. You can flash this custom ROM easily, we shared every step to do. The latest build of this custom ROM is based on Android 8.1 Oreo which is the latest Android version.
Download and Install Android 8.1 Oreo On Raspberry Pi 3 (Lineage OS 15.1)
Now, Raspberry Pi 3 white code name began to get the 15.1 Oreo Custom ROM line. If you are a user of Raspberry Pi 3, you can update the Raspberry Pi 3 to Android 8.1 Oreo via Lineage 15.1 Oreo. Your device must have root access and TWRP Recovery must also be installed to install this last ROM. Download links and installation procedure is given with this article please read.
With the Android 8.1 ROM, you will also need to download the latest Gapps supported by Android 8.1 Oreo to have all the experience. But remember that these are initial versions so may have some bugs, but in future updates, everything will be repaired. So if you are interested, you can install this ROM on your device by following this guide. We left some steps for you to be able to learn how to download and install Lineos 15.1 oreo on Raspberry Pi 3 (Android 8.1 oreo ROM)
Romforgalaxy.com is not responsible for any hardware/software problems that occur on your device (s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistake on our side. If you are not sure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please do not proceed.
1. This guide is for Raspberry only PI 3.
2. A complete Nandroid backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong. Guide How to create and restore Nandroid backup on Android (rooted users) devices and how to back up important data on Android (non-rooted users)
3. Make sure your device is loaded at least up to 60%, to avoid unexpected stops in the process.
4. Before you start with the tutorial, make sure that “USB debugging” is enabled from the > developer Options settings.
STEPS TO INSTALL ANDROID 8.1 OREO ON RASPBERRY PI 3 [LINEAGEOS 15.1 OREO]
- Download the ROM file as well as the GApps file, and transfer it to your Raspberry Pi 3 using your data cable.
- Restart your PI 3 raspberry in recovery mode. Guide How to boot into recovery mode on Android (various ways)
- Now follow this in-depth guide to learn how to download and install Resurrection Remix on your device how to install a custom ROM via recovery on any Android
- Return to the TWRP menu and restart your device.
All right, come on! You have now learned to download and install Resurrection Remix on Raspberry Pi 3. If you have any questions, feel free to hit us in the comments section below. Also, we would love to hear what is your favorite feature in the new construction of RR v 6.0.0 built out of Android 8.1 Oreo!