Samsung Galaxy J7 2016 users can now update their devices to the most recent Android OS version 8.1 Oreo. If you have Galaxy J7, then you can easily like Android 8.1 Oreo by flashing dotOS 2.3 customs ROM. This original ROM is based on Android 8.1 Oreo. You might alert of rooting advantages as one of the best features of rooting is that it enables users to install custom ROMs. So if you desire to supercharge your Galaxy J7 with better performance, better battery life, new UI, a lot of features and customization options then go after the given guide. In the following guide, we’ll help to install TWRP revival, ROM installation and then root your device (if not rooted). Before arranged to the installation guide, check out the hardware specification of Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016).
After installing the fresh Android 8.1 Oreo dotOS 2.3 custom ROM, you’ll get a lot of features, customization options, get better the menu, icons, and create changes to the interface and a lot more. There are many custom ROMs accessible in the Android market. A few of them are Lineage OS, Resurrection Remix, Viper OS, and dotOS which are the top rated and well-liked custom ROMs. That you can flash on your Android device to get a lot of it. To install a custom, you have to root your device. As rooting requires a TWRP, then we’ll help you through all the installation procedure. Proceed to quickly flash a custom recovery like TWRP on your Galaxy J7 (2016) to get root access.
What’s New in dotOS 2.3?
- Redesigned settings and QS panel
- Full OMS support
- Color Engine Support
- Create a proper backup of all your relevant data such as contacts, call logs, messages, media files, etc. In case something goes incorrect then you will be able to restore your data back.
- Enable USB debugging on your Galaxy J7 (2016) phone through navigating to Settings – Developer Options.
- Download and install the accurate USB Drivers for your Galaxy J7 (2016) device on your PC.
If the TWRP custom recovery is not yet installed on your phone again, then you’ll need to install TWRP first.
Steps en route for Install Android 8.1 Oreo dotOS 2.3 ROM on Galaxy J7 (2016):
- First of all, download the ROM and Google Apps pack up zipped files for your device from the above-given links on the desktop of your PC.
- Connect your phone to the PC by its USB data cable.
- Transfer the downloaded ROM and Gepps to the root folder of SdCard on your phone.
- After the transferring process completes, boot your device into the TWRP revival. Here you can find a full guide on.
- Now, follow the specified guide to install Android 8.1 Oreo dotOS 2.3 ROM on your device.
- Repeat the similar steps to flash Google Apps package.
- One time the installation process completes, go backside to the TWRP recovery and reboot your device.
If you desire to get root contact on your phone, then you can simply root Galaxy J7 (2016) with Magisk within a few minutes.
Finished! These were the whole steps to download and install Android 8.1 Oreo dotOS 2.3 ROM on Galaxy J7 (2016).