Download and Install Android Nougat Firmware for Samsung Galaxy A7 2016 | Today Samsung started rolling a new update for their Galaxy A7 2016 with security patch upgraded to August 2018. The update comes with build number A710FXXU2CRH1 and weighs almost 250MB in size based on Android 7.0 Nougat. With this update, Samsung has also fixed security bugs and vulnerabilities found in the earlier version. You can now upgrade to August 2018 Security patch on Galaxy A7 2016.
The update is currently rolling via OTA for Galaxy A7 2016 users and will soon start running the same build number globally. You can manually check for the software update on your phone. To test, you can follow our instructions below. You should receive the build number A710FXXU2CRH1 to enjoy August 2018 Security patch. To install this update, you must be running on the previous stock firmware.
How to Check Software Update on Galaxy A7 2016?
If your device is not able to get the update automatically via air, then you can manually check for the same.
- Go to cell phone Settings > about phone > Software updates > and tap verify for Updates.
- If there is any new software update, then hit the Download button to start downloading the software on your Galaxy A7 2016.
- Wait till the download completes and after that tap on Install update to flash the latest software.
- As the installation process completes, your Galaxy A7 2016 will reboot.
Details of the Firmware:
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy A7 2016
- Model: SM-A710F
- Baseband Version: A710FXXU2CRH1
- Security Patch Level: 01.08.2018
- Software: ODIN Tool
- Android OS: 7.0 Nougat
Steps to Install the Software Manually on Galaxy A7 2016
If you have not received the update, then download the firmware and follow the below steps to install the firmware on your device.
Required Odin and Drivers:
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software
- Ensure to download Samsung USB Drivers and install it on your PC.
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- This ROM is supported for Galaxy A7 2016 [SM-A710F]
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your cell phone must have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You require PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Get a Full Backup on your cell phone before installing any latest firmware. So make confident you have data’s in case if something wrong.
- You require to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Get Droid Tips will not be liable for any bricking/damage to your cell phone while/after installing this ROM.
As mentioned over you require having the ODIN tool, latest firmware, and the necessary device. Below we have put up the tutorial that you can follow and manually flash the most recent August firmware on Galaxy A7 2016.